The Centre for International Governance Innovation (CIGI), in collaboration with Carleton University’s School of Journalism and Communication, will present Reporting the Refugee Crisis – a panel discussion with some of Canada’s top journalists and writers on the challenges of reporting on the refugee crisis around the world.
When: Monday, April 3, 2017 at 5:30 p.m.
Where: Barney Danson Theatre, Canadian War Museum, 1 Vimy Place, Ottawa
Info: Registration is required for this free event.
The global refugee crisis has reached record levels, with more than 20 million people forced to leave their countries. While the number of refugees continues to grow, international responses have not kept up, and governments and institutions continue to look for new ways to respond to this crisis.
Policy Options Editor-in-Chief Jennifer Ditchburn will moderate as the panel shares stories of covering the crisis from abroad and at home. Panel members include:
- Margaret Evans, Europe correspondent, CBC
- Mark MacKinnon, senior international correspondent, Globe and Mail
- Naheed Mustafa, freelance writer, broadcaster and producer; OpenCanada contributor
- Michael Petrou, journalist, Foreign Policy; OpenCanada contributor
- Michelle Shephard, national security reporter, Toronto Star
Media Relations Officer
613-520-2600, ext. 8718