Carleton University’s School of Public Policy and Administration (SPPA) will host a day of discussion regarding the troubling rise in debt among elderly households.
When: Tuesday, August 8 from 8:30 a.m. until 4 p.m.
Where: Richcraft Hall, 2nd floor conference rooms.
Note: Admission is free and lunch will be served.
To register please visit: https://carleton.ca/sppa/cu-events/conference-debt-elderly/.
Does Debt Impair Health?
- Fenaba Addo, University of Wisconsin
- Lynda Colley, Dementia Society of Ottawa and Renfrew County
- Patricia Drentea, University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Stacy Yanchuk Oleksy, Credit Counselling Society
Moderator: Saul Schwartz, Carleton University
Insolvency and Overindebtedness
- Amy Mix, Legal Counsel for the Elderly, an affiliate of AARP
- John Pottow, University of Michigan
- Deborah Thorne, University of Idaho
Moderator: Robert Lawless, University of Illinois
- Catarina Frade, University of Coimbra
- Luciane Lucas, Federal University of Southern Bahia and University of Coimbra
- Tamara Madern, Hogeschool Utrecht
Moderator: Nadja Jungmann, Hogeschool Utrech
- Wanda Morris, CARP
- Jane Rooney, Financial Consumer Agency of Canada
- Laura Watts, Canadian Centre for Elder Law, University of British Columbia
Moderator: Calum Carmichael, Carleton University
Panelist bios are available here: https://carleton.ca/sppa/panelist-moderator-bios/
Media Relations Officer
613-520-2600, ext. 8718