Eleven Carleton students are splitting their time between the university’s campus and Shopify’s downtown Ottawa headquarters. Students will learn some course concepts at Shopify by joining teams and contributing to projects, with the freedom to take as much or as little time as needed for deep understanding of concepts, in addition to taking theoretical courses and electives at Carleton.
● First program in Canada to have work-integrated, curriculum-aligned Bachelor of Computer Science
● Students spend the majority of their time at Shopify, where they learn curriculum concepts and can apply them in real time alongside experts in the industry
● Students receive the same support given to all Carleton students and will learn advanced theory, as well as take exams at the university
● Students receive a salary and Shopify covers tuition
● Registration will open in October for students wanting to start in September 2017.
Join the Honourable Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development, Navdeep Bains, participating students, and representatives from Shopify and Carleton University as they share details of the new partnership.
When: Wednesday, October 12, 2016
Where: Shopify, 150 Elgin Street, Ottawa
Time: 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. (speeches begin at 12:45 p.m.)
● The Honourable Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development, Navdeep Bains
● Roseann O’Reilly Runte, President and Vice-Chancellor, Carleton University
● Jean-Michel Lemieux, SVP of Engineering, Shopify
● Participating Students
Sheryl So, Public Relations Manager
416-238-6705 x 302
Steven Reid, Media Relations Officer
613-520-2600, ext. 8718